The Easiest Leftover Oatmeal Pancake You Will Ever Make
Having a satisfying breakfast is one of the keys to losing weight and fighting off the urge to eat unhealthy food for snacks and lunch.
It can be tough to make just the right amount of oatmeal. And recipes for leftover oatmeal often involve eggs, baking, and more time than I’m willing to put into saving cooked oatmeal from the compost. Here’s a super quick and easy solution: Make leftover oatmeal into pancakes!
*Get gluten-free oats if you eat gluten-free 🙂
Makes 2 pancakes
- 1 cup of cooked leftover oatmeal (or however much you have left)
- A dash of vanilla
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Optional toppings: real maple syrup, whole fruit or jam, sesame seeds, roasted nuts
- Warm up a non-stick pan on medium heat for a couple minutes. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, use a little oil on the pan once the pan heats up (sesame oil smells so good)
- Combine the oatmeal, vanilla and cinnamon
- Make the batter into 2 balls each about the size of a golf ball. Flatten them in your palms until it’s less than 1 inch thick.
- Heat the pancakes on the pan. Flip after one side turns a little more brown.
- Add toppings and enjoy!