Sweet Corn Miso Soup
Sweet corn, salty miso, and sour umeboshi make this simple vegan soup a perfect balance of delicious, healthy and fast.
- 1 quart of water
- 1 Tbs white miso
- 1 Tbs brown miso (check that it’s gluten-free if that matters to you)
- 1/2 tsp umeboshi paste
- 1 cup cooked or raw corn kernels
- Boil 1 quart of water
- Add the white miso, brown miso and umeboshi to a quart jar
- Pour in about 1 cup of water into the quart jar and mix until the pastes have totally dissolved into the water. A mini whisk or fork work great for this.
- Add the rest of the water to the jar and mix gently
- Add corn kernels to the bottom of the bowls you are serving the soup in and pour the soup over.
How easy was that?
Tip: Instead of spreading butter and salt on your sweet corn, spread on some umeboshi paste. Yum!