Black Sticky Rice Soup with Chickpeas and Parsley
This is a great recipe for finishing up leftover sticky rice. Chickpeas pop in your mouth, the simple miso broth is satisfying and the parsley adds beautiful contrast and everyone is happy.
- 2 cups of cooked black sticky rice
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp brown miso
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine the sticky rice, carrots and chickpeas in a pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Remove a teacup of the water from the pot and dissolve the miso. Whisk it or mash it with a fork until the chunks are gone.
- Turn off the heat after about 5 minutes, add the miso, garnish with parsley and enjoy.