Carolena Nericcio’s Quick Coconut Salsa Soup
Show me the love!
Inspired by the founder of Fat Chance Belly Dance Style (formerly ATS), Carolena Nericcio loves the simplicity of this delicious no-chopping needed vegan gluten-free soup with just a can of coconut milk, a jar of salsa, and a dash of salt and turmeric.
Prep time: Ridiculously quick if you just dip crackers or bread in and omit the noodles
- one 16 oz jar of salsa (any that you like. Fire roasted salsa was used in the photo)
- one 13.5 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- one 15 oz can of cooked chick peas (drained)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- around 2 cups of cooked brown rice vermicelli
- fresh spinach or other soft leafy greens for garnish
How to Make the Soup
- Cook the noodles as directed if you are including those. Corn chips, crackers or bread are also nice with this soup.
- Combine salsa, coconut milk, chick peas turmeric and salt in a pot and heat on the stove. You can also just heat it all in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Heat to the temperature you want to eat it.
- Put in bowls and Top with noodles and chopped fresh greens