Carolena Nericcio’s Quick Coconut Salsa Soup
Inspired by the founder of Fat Chance Belly Dance Style (formerly ATS), Carolena Nericcio loves the simplicity of this delicious no-chopping needed vegan gluten-free soup with just a can of coconut milk, a jar of salsa, and a dash of salt and turmeric.
Prep time: Ridiculously quick if you just dip crackers or bread in and omit the noodles
- one 16 oz jar of salsa (any that you like. Fire roasted salsa was used in the photo)
- one 13.5 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- one 15 oz can of cooked chick peas (drained)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- around 2 cups of cooked brown rice vermicelli
- fresh spinach or other soft leafy greens for garnish
How to Make the Soup
- Cook the noodles as directed if you are including those. Corn chips, crackers or bread are also nice with this soup.
- Combine salsa, coconut milk, chick peas turmeric and salt in a pot and heat on the stove. You can also just heat it all in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Heat to the temperature you want to eat it.
- Put in bowls and Top with noodles and chopped fresh greens