Potato Salad with Fava Bean Cream and Avocado
Here’s a delicious whole food potato salad without processed vegan mayonnaise. Hooray! And it is a filling gluten-free salad everyone can eat from potluck table.
- 1/2 cup dino kale removed from stems
- 8-12 medium potatoes
- 2 cups cooked fava beans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt to taste
- splash of maple syrup
- sprinkle of parsley
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- Cook fava beans if you haven’t already. Cook a big batch so you can freeze them in smaller containers and use them for quick meals later. Mash them if they are not already creamy from cooking.
- Fill pot with enough water to cover the potatoes. Once the water is boiling, drop the kale in and remove the kale after 3 minutes and plunge into cold water so it does not overcook
- Put the potatoes in the water and cook until the potatoes are soft enough to slide a knife into them.
- Combine mustard, sea salt, maple syrup, and fava beans
- Chop the kale, celery and parsley
- Combine all ingredients except the avocado and 1/2 of the lemon juice
- Mash avocado with the juice from half of the lemon and top each serving with a dollup of avocado