Fresh Lemon Ginger Tea
This spicy tea soothes the throat and you can add sweetener to make it a treat…and whisky. Ha! Add more lemon and lots of sugar if you want it to taste like it does in India.
Makes 3 cups
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- 1/4-1/2 of a lemon
- 3 cups of water
- Optional: agave or other sweetener
- Start heating 3 cups of water in a small pot with a lid on
- Peel the ginger with a spoon (it works great!) or knife
- Shred the ginger with a microplane if you have one. You can also just chop into small pieces
- Add the ginger to the pot of water
- Boil the ginger for 3 minutes
- Squeeze some lemon juice into each cup that you will serve. If you are adding sweetener, add it to the cups as well.
- Strain the liquid as you pour the ginger tea into the cups on top of the lemon juice and stir