Vegan Corn Chowder with Green Beans
Creamy tahini and white miso broth combined with the juice of cooked tomatoes and the sweetness of fresh corn makes this soup rich and comforting.
Makes 2-3 bigger bowls of soup
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion chopped
- Kernels cut off 2 ears of lightly boiled corn
- 1/2 cup of brown rice (optional)
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 6 – 10 green beans diced
- 1 large ripe tomato diced
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 cups hot water
- sea salt to taste
- sprinkle of roasted peanuts (optional)
- Fry onion in a dash of olive oil or enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until almost translucent.
- Add corn and rice and let it cook for another minute
- Add bell peppers and tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes
- Fully dissolve miso and tahini in about a cup of hot water. Whip with a fork until there are no chunks left.
- Add the green beans, miso tahini mixture and the remaining cup of hot water to the vegetables and turn off the heat. Stir. Taste and add sea salt if you like.
- Sprinkle in some peanuts if you want more protein and a little crunch