Sweet Mango and Sticky Rice. Don’t Forget the Salt!
Mango sticky rice is one of the most delicious simple desserts in the world. The most important part is to choose a ripe, sweet mango. Then the coconut milk is salted and sweetened making magic with each bite.
Ingredients for 2 to share:
- 1 cup of cooked Sticky rice
- 1 mango
- 1 cup coconut milk
- a dash of salt
- sweetener (agave, coconut sugar, etc) to taste
- dry roasted yellow mung beans or sesame seeds for a crunchy garnish
We featured mangoes in this great podcast episode with Ciana:
- Peel and slice the mango in bite size chunks and lay it beautifully on the plate. You can also slice the mango without peeling it and scoop it out of the skin.
- Warm up the coconut milk with a dash of salt and sweetener to taste. The rice, mango and coconut milk are already delicious, so just add a little salt and sweet to enhance the flavors.
- Form the warm sticky rice into a nice shape on the plate with the mango by using a small bowl
- Pour half of the coconut milk mixture onto the sticky rice
- Put the other half of the coconut milk mixture in a small bowl on the side to add the moment you start eating your dessert.
How to cook sticky rice:
- Rinse and drain the uncooked rice twice in the rice cooker or pot
- Measure the water by resting your fingertip on the surface of the rice in the rice cooker and adding water up to the first line on your finger (about an inch. Always error on the side of a little too much)
- Pre-soak the rice for 2-24 hours if possible